RF & Microwave MMIC's:
Founded in 1985, TriQuint Semiconductor (NASDAQ: TQNT) designs, develops and manufactures advanced high-performance RF solutions with Gallium Arsenide (GaAs), Gallium Nitride (GaN), Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) and Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) technologies for customers worldwide. TriQuint is a leader in market diversity serving customers in mobile devices, 3G and 4G cellular base station, WLAN, WiMAX, GPS, and defense and aerospace markets.
TriQuint offers the industry’s largest selection of GaAs foundry processes and comprehensive support services. These solutions, built with the industry’s largest in-house technology portfolio, enable quicker design turns, higher performance, and a smaller bill of materials. TriQuint is an award-winning provider of high performance solutions and have a worldwide network of design, sales and manufacturing facilities to serve our customers.
TriQuint is an industry leader in the development, advancement and production of gallium arsenide (GaAs), gallium nitride (GaN), surface acoustic and bulk acoustic wave (SAW/BAW) technologies.
- GaAs can operate more efficiently at higher breakdown voltages in frequencies in excess of 250 GHz while generating less noise compared to other technologies.
- GaN offers even greater power handling capabilities, strong linearity and the ability to perform at a given power level using fewer or smaller devices. This generates less heat and can reduce overall system sizes and part counts.
- SAW offers excellent performance and economy through 2.5 GHz.
- BAW offers superior loss levels, stronger ESD performance and greater resistance to temperature effects for devices at frequencies from 2.5-6 GHz and beyond.
TriQuint's in-house technology portfolio is the industry's largest. It enables us to offer customers highly integrated modules including both active and passive RF components. Utiilzing these in-house technologies, TriQuint's uniquely qualified engineering teams produce devices matched to transceiver and baseband components more efficiently than other approaches. This reduces system design time and speeds manufacturing while enhancing performance and overall reliability. Our experience also helps us to offer a large and diverse discrete device portfolio serving a wide range of RF applications. No other vendor has TriQuint's breadth of technology or ability to reduce the bill of materials, increase performance, and add value.
A wide-ranging technology portfolio enables us to make highly reliable, high-performance products. It also means foundry customers can take advantage of our research, development and high-volume capabilities. We offer numerous processes including MESFET, InGaP HBT, E/D pHEMT, and HFET available on 150mm and 100mm wafers.
CuFlip™ – An Interconnect Technique
CuFlip, pronounced Copper Flip, is TriQuint's patented flip chip interconnect technique. CuFlip uses copper ‘bumps' to replace wire bonds. TriQuint has shipped more than 100 million CuFlip based products.
Benefits of CuFlip over Wire Bonds:
- Enables Superior RF Performance — Copper bump doesn't require the signal to travel through the epoxy, therefore improving performance.
- Design Flexibility — Copper bump enables a more compact design and lower z height, resulting in a smaller overall footprint and offering plug and play placement of CuFlip based products in a wide range of configurations including ultra slim designs.
- Reduced Bill Of Materials — The elimination of wire bonds reduces the overall bill of materials making CuFlip products smaller and reducing board space requirements.
- Enables Faster Manufacturing and Assembly — The uniformity of the copper pillars streamlines product assembly of standard surface mount components by eliminating the need to match each wire bond. In turn, this reduces cycle time and increases throughput and operations.
- Lower Cost — This highly-repeatable process requires substantially fewer steps compared to wire bond assembly, resulting in higher yields. TriQuint is able to pass cost savings onto customers.TriQuint's CuFlip technology is a strategic differentiator for RF design. TriQuint will continue to leverage its CuFlip process to build smaller, better performing RF solutions for our customers.
Defense and Aerospace Highlight
- GaAs products through 100 GHz
- GaN products through 18 GHz
- 12 and 28V products through 20 GHz
- SAW and BAW filters / oscillators
- Revolutionary PowerBandTM 1 – unrivaled wideband coverage with >50% efficiency
- More packaged devices including MCMs
- World leading foundry provider: GaAs, GaN and “Trusted Foundry”
- High-reliability (space) qualification
- Experienced application support